You are currently browsing the monthly archive for December 2008.
SF FNB will be serving today , Wednesday December 24th as usual well as Wednesday December 31st weather permitting. Tonight the menu will include: Pumpkin curry, rice, assorted veggies and salad.
Update: Thursday December 25th is on too! the serving will be at ~3pm. Stay tuned for more updates.
Sunday December 14th, 2008
Station 40 (3030b 16th St @ Mission, SF, CA)
4:00PM – 8:00PM
FREE and open to everyone who’s interested in FNB!
Come for the dessert …. stay for the meeting!
Join your fellow food not bombs organizers and friends for a night of fun and dessert. Whether you’re an old time volunteer or someone new, this is a great opportunity to learn more about what we do, meet your fellow activists, plan for the coming year and help our movement grow.
There will be dessert, an informal meeting, and fun activities (screen printing, a movie?). We encourage you to bring vegan treats to share potluck style, we will make some homemade soy ice cream!
If you have questions or ideas we’d love to hear them! you are welcome to RSVP, we’d love to have an idea of how many people are coming. you can do this on the FNB facebook page or by emailing us at sffnbvolunteers (a) riseup d0t net
Some ideas on what to bring (recovering/dumpstering/creative reuse are always encouraged):
- dumpstered goodies!
- cookies, cupcakes or brownies
- cakes and pies
- gluten and/or sugar free confections
- soy ice cream
- donuts and pastry
- candies, chocolate and miscellaneous treats!
activities (other ideas welcome!):
- screen printing — bring a shirt, fabric or something to screen on! we’ll have the FNB logo and possibly other fun designs!
- movie? — if you’ve got ideas let us know.
- check-ins with various servings
- finding a new cook house for saturday
- reviving the soupstock music festival for spring (see pictures of sleater-kinney/fugazi in soupstock 00!)
- food not bombs and disaster response (what should we do in an earthquake?)
- should we do some skillshares / workshops? (home canning, vegan dessert making, how to start a FNB chapter, etc?)
- ideas for events to serve at (last year we did the anarchist book fair, transmarch, protests, RRFM and others)
- proposal: FNB should buy a turkey fryer (aka high powered gas burner) ~$50 / and a larger, reusable propane tank ($20-$60) for outdoor/mobile events
- add your agenda items!