Hello new faces 🙂
Hooray for the new Turkey Fryer!
Heats 15 gallons pot of water in 35 min
Costs ~$15 to refill propane tank @ Action Rental (Orange Building) 11th and Folsom
- Keep fryer in full view while burner is on.
- Be aware of stability – may easily tip over
- Place fryer in an open area away from all walls, fences, or other structures including children and animals
- Never use in, on, or under any structure that can catch fire.
- Raise and lower food slowly to reduce splatter and avoid burns.
- Cover bare skin when adding or removing food
- Immediately turn gas off if fire occurs
- Top oil residue can be flammable – take precautions
- Never use water to extinguish a grease fire
For those interested in purchasing cookware: save up to 50% @ instawares.com
– Days that people picked up were talked about
-We agreed to keep the status quo Ask staff if they have any concerns, ideas
Alternative food sources:
-Farmer’s Markets (late afternoon) are usually generous about donating food
-Produce Alley (Jerrold Ave @ Bay Shore Blvd near Cesar Chavez)
Someone shared — 5-digit SKU identifier starting with numeric:
9 = organic
8 = genetically modified
4 = conventionally grown
-A specialized letter soliciting food/utensils, etc. should be readily accessible – refer to FNB book
-fliering/stickers – Zach and Robert?
-$25 for 250 stickers from stickerguy.com; $10 printing fliers
-Bike cart confiscated, Cops claiming to know nothing about the bikecarts’ whereabouts
-We’ll have a new bikecart in 2-weeks
-Ray has offered his services/space to weld the current cart (and mentioned we could build future carts if we paid for welding supplies)
Celebrate the 30th Year Anniversary of FNB @ Soupstock 4/19:
-Convergence 4/18 discussing food justice, workshops, enigma of plastic spoons, community gardens, local + csa boxes, etc. Location TBA
-Diamond Dave said La Plebe has expressed interest in performing
-Upcoming bi-weekly committee meetings
Special opportunity to hear a presentation from FNB Cofounder Keith McHenry discussing effective community organizing. Contact Taos FNB Collective to schedule this valuable presentation. Phone is 575-776-3880. You can also email Nyna at email@example.com
-Potential new alternate Sunday location TBA
Really Really Free Market:
-This Sat 1/31 @ El Balazo/Sub Mission
2187 Mission St 1-5pm
-Kitchen @ Zach’s place 10am
Thank you Daria for sharing your experiences in Russia!
(Read Daria’s article on SF FNB homepage)
-Tension still exists since St. Petersburg killing 2005
-Help support Russia by posting on their forum @ foodnotbombs.ru